What is the Wright Farms Metropolitan District?

The Wright Farms Metropolitan District is a local government responsible for parks and recreation, storm sewer systems, traffic and safety systems and landscaping within the Wright Farms, Holly Crossing and Jasmine Estates subdivisions. The District was established following approval of its Service Plan by Adams County, and approval by voters within the District’s boundaries in January of 1986. The District was formed for the purpose of constructing and financing certain improvements within the District.

The District’s public improvements have been constructed and conveyed to Adams County and the City of Thornton. In 2002, the District paid off its bonds and does not have any outstanding debt. Currently, the District funds and maintains park and recreation facilities through its collection of ad valorem property taxes assessed on each property within the District. The District maintains the Holly Crossing and Wright Farms Parks, the Tennis Courts on Jasmine Street, certain wooden fencing, and certain common landscaping areas.

Do I live in the Wright Farms Metropolitan District?

The Wright Farms Metropolitan District consists of the Holly Crossing, Jasmine Estates and Wright Farms neighborhoods.

How can I contact the District?

The district has a hotline. 720.560.1984

Who is on the Board of Directors?

The District is governed by a five-member Board of Directors. Currently the Board members are:

  • James A. Ray, President
  • Mike Stangoni, Treasurer
  • John McMurry, Secretary
  • Joyce Espinoza, Assistant Secretary

See more…

When does the Board meet?

The Board meets at 7:00 p.m at the Anythink Wright Farms Library (5877 E.120th Ave. Thornton CO) on the first Thursday of each month. The WFMD publicizes the date, time and place of the meeting in the newsletter and at the four main entry streets into the WFMD subdivisions of Holly Crossing, Wright Farms, and Jasmine Estates. Homeowners and residents are welcome and encouraged to attend. A special time is designated during the meeting for public comment.

View Larger Map

How can I get on the Board?

To serve on the Board, an individual must be a “registered elector” of the District, meaning that he or she must either reside in the District or own property (or be a spouse of one who owns property) within the District. Elections are held on the first Tuesday of May in even numbered years. To inquire about running, please contact the District’s legal counsel:
Jeffrey E. Erb
Seter & Vander Wall, P.C.

7400 E. Orchard Rd., Suite 3300

Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111


303.770.2701 (fax)

Who do I call if I have a complaint about covenant control?

The Wright Farms Metropolitan District is a governmental entity, and it is not responsible for covenant control.

Wright Farms: The Wright Farms community does not have an HOA There are covenants, which are enforceable by you personally against your neighbor.

Holly Crossing: The Holly Crossing community has an inactive HOA.

Jasmine Estates: The Jasmine Estates community has an active HOA.

Do I own my fence?

The District owns and maintains the wooden fencing along Holly Street, the North side of 123rd from Holly to Jasmine, the South side of 123rd from Holly to 120th Ave., on the East and West side of Niagara from 120th Ave. to Magnolia Way and Newport Drive, along the east side of Jasmine Estates (back of Monaco Drive). See fence map.

What property does the District own and/or maintain?

The District owns and/or maintains the parks and some drainage areas within the District.  See the map of the District owned and/or maintained property.

Who do I call if someone has left an abandoned vehicle on the street?

Contact Adams County Code Enforcement at: 720.523.6877

Who do I call regarding graffiti?

Call the hotline 720-560-1984

Who do I call if my neighbor’s dog will not stop barking?

Contact Adams County Code Enforcement at: 720-523-6877

What do I do if I want to hold a party in the Holly Crossing or Wright Farms park?

If you would like to reserve the Pavilion in either Wright Farms or Holly Crossing Parks, please call the WFMD Hotline. There is a $50.00 deposit that will be returned once the event is over and the area is clean. Contact the District’s Assistant at 720.560.1984.

You will be required to submit this application

What are the District’s Rules and Regulations?

Click here to view the District’s Rules and Regulations.

How do I report a violation of the District’s Rules and Regulations?

Contact the District’s Assistant at 720.560.1984. The District’s Board will require proof of the violation and the alleged violator before it can take action.

Does the District offer a reward for catching vandals?

Yes! The District offers a $1,000.00 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone vandalizing, damaging or defacing WFMD property. A copy of a police report is required for the reward.

Back to top of page